Swamp Witch combines witches, Cajuns and craziness all in one story. Now and then we will post recipes we feel like the characters of Swamp Witch might like. With our first recipe, we are going with an easy Zatarains pork, black bean and rice stew. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 3 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (7 ounce) package ZATARAIN’S® Black Beans and Rice
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Pat pork dry. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add 1/2 of the pork; cook and stir 3 minutes or until browned. Remove pork from skillet. Repeat with remaining pork, adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil as needed. Remove pork; set aside.
- Pour water into same skillet; bring to boil. Stir in Rice Mix. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pork and corn. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
Recipe can be found at the Food.com website