Mark Saturday, March 28, 2020 on your calendars. We will be auditioning actors for our short indie film – Swamp Witch. Time and date TBD. More details, including character info, coming soon!
Swamp Witch is a finalist for the Simply Indie Film Fest screenplay competition to be held February 20 – 22, 2020 in Edmond, Oklahoma.
Swamp Witch combines witches, Cajuns and craziness all in one story. Now and then we will post recipes we feel like the characters of Swamp Witch might like. With our first recipe, we are going with an easy Zatarains pork, black bean and rice stew. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 3 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (7 ounce) package ZATARAIN’S® Black Beans and Rice
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Pat pork dry. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add 1/2 of the pork; cook and stir 3 minutes or until browned. Remove pork from skillet. Repeat with remaining pork, adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil as needed. Remove pork; set aside.
- Pour water into same skillet; bring to boil. Stir in Rice Mix. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pork and corn. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
Recipe can be found at the Food.com website
The website for Swamp Witch is finally up and running. After hashing through several different themes, we decided on a simple layout. We hope you like it.
Please follow our blog so you will receive any new information about our film – Swamp Witch. We are currently in the pre-production phase where we are lining up actors, crew and locations. We will post any progress, from attaching actors to film festival news and beyond.
Another reason to subscribe to our blog is we will have several promotions and give away stuff. You don’t want to miss our stuff. Subscribe today!